18 August 1998
Determine the location of the Central Station and Island Station.
(6) Determine need for intercommunications between UMCS field equipment panel locations
and Central Station/Island Station.
(7) Identify potential locations for field equipment panels, power line conditioners, and data
Determine routing of data transmission cables.
Locate and identify sources of power for UMCS equipment.
(10) Perform a preliminary selection of applications programs.
(11) Identify standard details for the installation of UMCS instrumentation and control devices,
and prepare sketches of any unique situations.
(12) Identify standard details for the installation of mechanical and electrical modifications, and
prepare sketches of any unique situations.
(13) Determine the location of utility meters and UMCS interface requirements.
Detailed information will be gathered and tabulated during the survey. The principal items are:
Method of operation and schedule for each item of equipment.
Occupancy schedule for each area/zone the equipment serves.
Sources and type of heating for each building.
Sources and type of cooling for each building.
Data necessary to calculate heat loss of each building.
Data necessary to calculate heat gain of each building.
Size and type of outside air, return air, and relief dampers.
Number and physical location of zones served by each air handling unit.
(10) Number, type, horsepower, and locations of mechanical equipment, such as pumps and
(11) Location, type, and sequence of existing controls for each system.
(12) Location and type of existing starters for each piece of equipment.
(13) Location and type of existing local loop controllers.
(14) Location and type of available electric power for UMCS.
(15) Repair and replacement of existing devices, such as local loop controllers, and inoperable