01 May 1999
2. Indicate that completely enclosed canvas, metal or plastic chutes of sufficient size for transfer of
demolition products to ground level containers are required. Indicate that chutes should be dust-tight and
patched or replaced as required to maintain this condition.
3. Protect building and site from damage. Restore damaged surfaces and elements. Remove hoists,
cranes, chutes and containers from site after completion.
4. Make scaffold available to owner's and architect's representatives for inspections. Provide hard hats,
safety belts and insurance to cover these people.
SECTION 01590 FIELD OFFICES
1. Indicate if the contractor is required to provide a weathertight, climate controlled field office on the site
at a specified location.
2. Indicate field office utilities required.
3. All equipment, furniture, etc., will remain the property of the contractor and should be removed from
the site when the job is completed.
1. The owner will provide lockable space within the building to serve as a field office. The contractor
should provide a phone and all furniture and furnishings which should be removed from the site when the
job is completed.
SECTION 01620 STORAGE AND PROTECTION
1. Protect paved areas from damage and staining. Provide canvas, boards and sheet materials,
properly secured. At completion, remove protection and return damaged elements to their original
2. Take precautions to prevent spread of dust and debris, particularly where they may enter into the
building. Give ample notice to the owner's representative so that building contents can be protected.
Provide temporary cloth filters on air intake openings. Provide temporary plastic sheets over operable
windows within 3 m (10 ft.) of chutes.
3. Do not overload any portion of the building, either by use of equipment, storage of debris or storage
of materials. Where trucks, tankers or heavy equipment traverse landscaped areas, verify location of oil
tanks, utilities, tunnels and similar subsurface items. Avoid traffic over them.
4. Protect against fire and fire spread. Maintain proper and adequate fire extinguishers. When torches
are present provide one fire extinguisher for each torch on the roof plus one additional.
5. Take precautions to prevent drains from clogging during execution of this contract. Remove strainers
and plug drains In areas where work is in progress. Install flags or other telltales on plugs. Remove
plugs each night and screen the drain. Remove debris at the completion of each day's work and clean
drains, if required. At completion of the contract, test drains to insure that they are free-running and
6. Remove all traces of piled bulk materials and return site to its original condition.