01 May 1999
SECTION 01300 SUBMITTALS
1. Shop Drawings and Samples
1.1 Review details of fabrication, assembly, and erection.
1.2 Examine samples for identification.
2.1 Review test reports and how installation will be done to conform with published results.
2.2 Review field tests, approval and correction of work if found necessary.
3. Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) (See Safety Manual EM 385-1-1)
Each Contractor should comply with Right to Know requirements concerning notification of the use of
Any product or substance used by the contractor or its subcontractors which is listed in Subpart Z of
OSHA Part 1910, Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations entitled, Toxic and Hazardous Substances
should be identified to the owner by the contractor's submission of a Standard Material Safety Data
Submit the following MSDS or a manufacturer's standard form (OSHA-20) to the owner's representative
to advise the owner of the use of such material during the project before the material is brought on site.
SECTION 01510 TEMPORARY UTILITIES
1. Discuss details of use of water and power that exists at the site.
2. Indicate that the contractor will provide all hoses, valves, vacuum breakers, and connections for
water from sources designated by the owner's representative.
3. Discuss voltage, phase and amperage of power available. Indicate that the contractor is to provide
all trailers, connections, ground fault protection and fused disconnects and special feeders if service
required is larger than that available.
4. Resolve if building power may be used for electrically seaming single-ply membranes, heating
modified bitumen sheets or for spraying foam roofing.
5. Discuss removal of all temporary utilities after job completion.
SECTION 01516 TEMPORARY SANITARY FACILITIES
1. Discuss whether building toilets designed by the owner may be utilized or whether temporary
chemical toilets conforming to local heath regulations are required.
SECTION 01520 TEMPORARY HOISTS, CRANES, CHUTES
1. Discuss exterior hoisting equipment for moving materials and equipment to work level.