01 May 1999
SUGGESTED AGENDA FOR A REROOFING CONFERENCE
SECTION 01201 PRECONSTRUCTION CONFERENCE (Refer to CEGS 01201)
1. Not less than 14 days prior to commencing work, representatives of the architect and owner will meet
with the contractor, his superintendent or foreman who will be engaged full time on the project, and
subcontractors, to review the materials and procedures to be followed in performing the work.
SECTION 01014 WORK SEQUENCE
1. Sequence of operations. Generally sequencing is the contractor's option provided it maintains the
building dry during the life of the contract. Discuss schedule and execution of work to prevent problems.
2. The building is occupied. Discuss how to minimize disruption of activities in occupied spaces.
SECTION 01015 CONTRACTOR USE OF THE PREMISES
1. Before beginning work, discuss the following:
a. Areas permitted for personnel parking.
b. Access to the site during and after hours.
c. Areas permitted for storage of materials and debris.
d. Areas permitted for location of cranes, hoists, and chutes.
e. Whether interior stairs and elevators may be used for removing debris or delivering materials.
f. Responsibility for soiling or damaging access ways.
g. Approval from owner's representative for the use of a designated elevator.
h. Location of underground tanks and tunnels. Avoid these locations for parking or moving tankers
2. From the date that work commences until completion and acceptance of work, the contractor should
assume full responsibility for maintaining the roof watertight; this includes both new and existing.
SECTION 01019 EXISTING CONDITIONS
1. Information noted on the drawings as existing generally has been obtained from construction
drawings and inspections. Following demolition, confirm that drains, flashing, blocking and similar
concealed work conforms to that expected. Report variations that would preclude installation of new work
in accordance with the drawings and specifications.
2. Discuss what steps will be taken if discrepancies are discovered between the existing conditions and
those noted on the drawings.
3. Note areas that have been fireproofed. Use care in removing the roofing system to avoid dislodging