01 May 1999
(2) Sediment Build-Up. Lift pavers and insulation and examine for silt build-up. If a filter
fabric was not used in the original installation lift the insulation, remove silt and roots, and reinstall
using filter fabric over the cleaned insulation.
(3) Examine flashings for damage.
Repair and cover with metal counterflashing or
convert to a protected flashing design.
(4) Displaced Insulation. Reinstall displaced insulation boards, install the filter fabric and
(5) Paver Integrity. Examine pavers for freeze-thaw damage. Replace damaged ones
with freeze-thaw resistant pavers.
(6) Vented Pavers. If non-vented pavers are lifted to gain access to the components
below, consider elevating them on shims or pedestals when they are replaced to improve drying
of the system.