15 September 1999
(1) Assure adequate drainage is established and maintained so that water does not
pond in or adjacent to the footprint area of the RRMS during construction.
(2) Assure that removal of existing site materials complies with the drawings and
(3) Assure fill materials used to replace existing site soils comply with the specified
(4) Prior to placement, perform quality assurance of subgrade, required excavation, fill
material, capillary water barrier, vapor barrier, and reinforcement as shown on the drawings.
(5) Assure lane placement widths are as shown on the drawings.
(6) Assure continuity of mixing is maintained on the job with no deviations.
(7) Assure that all required tests are conducted.
(8) Assure that the 7-day, wet mat, moist curing is carried out if required by the
(9) Assure temperature of concrete, at time of placement, is between 10 and 32
degrees C (50 and 90 degrees F). Follow the guidance of ACI 301 concerning ambient
(10) Assure that no water is added to the truck mixer after design water/cement ratio
has been reached.
(11) Assure concrete slump conforms to the specified requirements.
c. Qualified Government personnel must be onsite to ensure that all quality control testing
is accomplished and all tests are passed. Accurate daily logs are required.
d. District technical staff must be notified if slab cracking occurs within the first week of