TM 5826-6/AFR 93-5
Figure A-72. Medium severity corner break, case 2.
(c) High severity level (H). One of three possible conditions exists:
- Filled or nonfilled crack is severely spalled with loose and missing particles, causing definite FOD
- A nonfilled crack has a mean width greater than approximately 1 inch, creating a tire damage
- The area between the corner break and the joints is severely cracked (fig. A-73).
Figure A-73. High severity corner break.
(3) Counting procedure. A distress slab is recorded as one slab if it (a) contains a single corner break, (b)
contains more than one break of a particular severity, or (c) contains two or more breaks of different severities. For two or
more breaks, the highest level of severity should be recorded. For example, a slab containing both light and medium
severity corner breaks should be counted as one slab with a medium corner break.
s. Longitudinal, transverse, and diagonal cracks, distress 63.
(1) Description. These cracks, which divide the slab into two or three pieces, are usually caused by a