TM 5-826-6/AFR 93-5
Figure A-35. Oil spillage, case 1.
Figure A-36. Oil spillage, case 2.
(2) Severity levels. No degrees of severity are defined. It is sufficient to indicate that oil spillage exists.
(3) Measuring procedure. Oil spillage is measured in square feet of surface area
j. Patching and utility cut patch, distress 50.
(1) Description. A patch is considered a defect, no matter how well it is performing.
(2) Severity levels.
(a) Low severity level (L).
- Patch is in good condition and is performing satisfactorily (figs. A-37 and A-38).
- For porous friction courses. The use of dense-graded AC patches in porous friction surfaces
causes a water damming effect at the patch, which contributes to differential skid resistance of the
surface. Low-severity dense-graded patches should be rated as medium-severity due to the