30 June 2001
(4) Compaction requirements.
(5) Joint design (spacing, type).
(6) Joint sealant (type).
(7) Grooving requirements.
c. Overlay design (for each pavement feature).
(1) Type of design (flexible, rigid, bonded, unbonded).
(2) Existing paving system characteristics.
(3) Design curves or computer programs used.
(4) Overlay layers (thicknesses, type, etc.).
(5) Surface preparation requirements.
d. Frost Design (for each pavement feature).
(1) Design methodology limited subgrade frost penetration (LSFP) or reduced subgrade
(2) Design air-freezing index (for LSFP method).
(3) FASSI or FAIR value (for RSS method).
(4) Design curves or computer program used.
(5) Layers (number, thickness, type).
(6) Special subgrade, subbase, and base course preparation for frost design.
a. General Criteria.
c. Surface Drainage (including drainage plans and profiles).
d. Subsurface Drainage.
B-9. PROPOSED GRADES.
a. Longitudinal (for each pavement feature).
b. Transverse (for each pavement feature).