30 June 2001
(5) Duration of freezing season.
(6) Number of freeze-thaw cycles.
d. Existing Pavement Evaluation/Characterization.
e. Summarize Adopted Design Parameters.
B-6. PAVEMENT THICKNESS DESIGN CRITERIA.
a. Load (include copy of Airfield/Heliport Mission List).
(1) Airfield/heliport/helipad class or type.
(2) Design aircraft or aircraft mix.
(3) Pass levels.
(4) Mission operational weights.
(5) Traffic areas.
B-7. PAVEMENT THICKNESS DESIGN.
a. Flexible Pavement Design (for each pavement feature).
(1) Design of curves or computer programs used.
(2) Layers (thicknesses, type, design CBR-values).
(3) Compaction requirements.
(4) Proof rolling requirements.
(5) Bituminous mixture requirements (gradation, stability).
(6) Selection of AC grade.
(7) Tack and prime coat requirements (type, grade).
(8) Grooving requirements.
b. Rigid Pavement Design (for each pavement feature).
(1) Design curves or computer programs used.
(2) Flexural strength.
(3) Layers (thicknesses, type, subgrade modulus values).