30 June 2001
B-2. SITE DESCRIPTION.
a. Location (location map with graphical scale).
(1) Existing airfield/heliport facilities (layout, type, etc.)
(2) Location of proposed project with respect to existing facilities, utilities, or
(3) Extent of proposed construction (size, dimensions, etc.).
b. Topography/Drainage of Site.
(1) Topography (hilly, rolling, flat, terrace, floodplain, etc.).
(2) Surface drainage (characteristics and direction).
(4) Existing surface and subsurface drainage facilities (type, location, capacity, condition,
c. Climate (use National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration or Military
installation's weather service center for climatological data where available).
(1) Temperatures (especially with reference to frost condition and design air freezing
(2) Rainfall (particularly with respect to its effect on construction operations).
(3) Seasonal variations.
d. Vegetation (wooded, open, brush, cultivated fields).
(1) Sequence and character of surface and near-surface deposits. Soil overburden
(glacial, stream, loess deposits, etc.).
(2) Rock outcroppings.
B-3. FIELD INVESTIGATIONS.
a. Subgrade explorations (type of investigations, number, locations, depth, samples obtained).
b. Borrow explorations for fill (type of investigations, number, locations, depth, samples