AEI for Installation Support
Thursday, 17 October 1996
2) Installation of exterior site furnishings.
3) Resurfacing and restripping of parking areas.
4) Repair or installation of exterior signage or lighting.
5) Repair or installation of lawn sprinkler systems.
6) Regrading and replanting for drainage.
(f) Interior Design Projects. Copying machine sized drawings, metric sheet size A4,
210 mm x 297 mm (8-1/2"x11"), and the photographic drafting process are ideally suited for
certain types of interior design projects. Procurement specifications, catalog cuts, and
photographs can be presented in copying machine sized formats, metric sheet size A4, 210 mm x
297 mm (8-1/2"x11"). Larger sized sheets, A3 280 mm x 430 mm (11"x17") fold outs, can used
for furniture plan layouts.
c. Advantages. SDM is a proven method to simplify the design process for O&M, repair,
and minor construction projects while retaining engineering and construction quality. The major
advantage of SDM compared to conventional design is that it saves the customer valuable dollars
4. OTHER INSTALLATION SUPPORT EFFORTS. The following is a listing of some of
the other areas where a design agency could or should provide Installation Support to its
a. Planning and Design.
(1) Preparing installation funded and procured collateral equipment and/or furniture and
(2) Provide real property turnover information, e.g., when a project is completed, the
design agency should provide real property information (if a chiller was replaced, what kind,
specifications, size, and other pertinent information). This should be required on all Installation
Support projects that had addressed real property products. The following is needed for real
property at turnover (coordination should be made with the DPW to determine if additional needs
are required for local reasons):
(a) All manuals pertaining to the products, service, and operations and maintenance of
real property (except those turned over if a system was accepted for use earlier).